Buy 5 ore more and save!
A Unique Contribution for Hajj!
by Imam Tahir Anwar
2 CD set. Total playing time approx. 132 minutes
Among the rights that Allah has upon His servants, is the pilgrimage to Makkah, known as Hajj. Hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam and this obligation comprises a dynamically complex mixture of rituals, encampments, journeys, and other rites that provide the pilgrim with an experience that deserves every ounce of struggle it demands. This CD contains a lecture detailing the rites of Hajj and explaining the practical means of fulfilling them. It includes the prerequisites, visiting Makkah and Madinah, and much more. This lecture was delivered by Imam Tahir Anwar at the South Bay Islamic Association in San Jose, California, a few weeks before the Hajj season 1423 A.H. (2002 C.E.)
1. Introduction: Recitation of Qur'an 3:37
2. Guests of the Most Merciful 10:53
3. Hajj is not a vacation 8:16
4. Spiritual and Material Provisions 12:09
5. Departure, Ihraam, and Miqaat 10:49
6. Arrival at Jeddah 9:52
7. Performing Umrah: Part 1 13:22
1. Performing Umrah: Part 2 / Maximize your stay in Makkah 8:36
2. Hajj: Stay in Mina and Arafah 10:27
3. Hajj: Stay in Muzdalifah and Rituals in Mina 12:11
4. Hajj: Rituals in Mina (continued) and Tawaaf al-Ifaadah 12:40
5. Visiting the Sacred Quarters of the Messenger of Allah (SAW) 19:56
IMAM TAHIR ANWAR was born in London, UK, and moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1983. His initial studies of the Qur'an and Arabic language were completed under his father, also a scholar of Shari'a. He continued on to memorize the Qur'an and study traditional Islamic sciences at Darul Uloom Falah al-Darayn in Gujarat, India. His studies specifically included tajwid (according to the Qira'a of Imam Hafs) Hadith, Tafseer, and Fiqh. He received formal authorizations from his teachers. Currently, he is serving as the Imam and Director of Religious Services at the South Bay Islamic Association in San Jose, California.